Sunday 9 April 2017

My #HER Story part II



A few weeks ago I went to a party organized by #HER, a new dating app for women. This post narrates the second part of the night (catch up on the first part of the story on my previous post: My #HER Story).

So, just when I thought that she, my date from two days ago, was not interested in me at all, she suddenly approach me with a drink in her hands.

We chatted, we danced and then she kissed me, very decidedly, just like two days before!

I immediately liked her determination and self-confidence… and we kept on kissing for a bit longer.

However, it was almost the end of the night and I was starting to feel very tired.

“The place is starting to get empty…” I politely noticed hoping that she would get my hint for "time to go home hun!".

“Yeah…” She said and kept on dancing with her hands on my hips.

Mysterious Woman Street Art found in Brighton. Picture taken in March 2017.
My legs definitely needed some time out and my eyes really wanted to close for the day but, I didn’t want to break the moment.

“Mmmm...... I’m starting to feel a bit tired...” I finally said to her with puppy eyes after about an hour of dragging dancing.

“Are you thinking about going home?” She asked me while sliding her hands through my hips and lower back. 

“Ehhhhhh…. Are you… do you... what are you up to?” I said hoping that she would offer to walk me home (I lived just 2 streets away from the venue) or at least just walk me to the door of the club… you know, what a hopeless romantic expects from an attractive stranger that met just 48h earlier.

“I think I’m going to stay” She said pointing out at her friends. 

One of her friends was very drunk. My date and I had to walked her to the toilets earlier in the night as it was clear that she need some third party assistance for moving around. I thought that it was noble in a way that she wanted to take care of a friend in need, so I gently smiled.

“Of course, you should stay and make sure that she gets home all right” I replied. After all, we only met two days ago and this was not even an official date so, it made sense that she wanted to stay with her friends.

“Should I call you next week… to hang out or something...?” I asked.

“Yes, absolutely!” She firmly replied smiling.

I started to make my way out of the club when I saw that few of the remaining party goers were putting on a Sumo wrestling costume. So, I stopped for a few minutes to observe how the fight would develop.

At that point, I was feeling a bit dreamy and had a silly smile after kissing a pretty girl at the party. I was in my little bubble, feeling as happy as a little girl with a pink new pony when…
 
… right at the end of the hall, I saw my tall date leaning on her drunken friend and kissing her, not once, but twice… And those were not short drunken friendly kisses, both lip to lip exchanges were full tongue, full in 5 minutes long smooches one after another…

WHAT? I am seen properly? Are they really kissing? Am I drunk and imagining things? I froze for a moment. I didn’t know what to do.

Should I go home now? Should I stay and observe her quietly from the distance to see how that ends? Should I go and say something?

I turned around and started to make my way through the door, but something wasn’t right. I was upset… she just made a crack in my hopeless romantic heart. I was disappointed and she needed to know that, whatever little story that we could have had, it was over.

In an attempt to be assertive and express my needs, I turned around again, crossed the dance floor and tap her on the shoulder.

What I am doing?

“You are back?!?!” She said surprised.

“I didn’t leave. I saw the Sumo costumes and I wanted to see what was happening, so I stayed. By the way, I saw you kissing your friend so… I’m not going to call you next week. Have a good rest of the evening” I said without looking at her directly.

I was not able to face her gaze. I was scared that after that few drinks my emotions might burst at any moment and a tear could drop if I look her in the eyes. After that, I quickly turned around without leaving her any time to respond and left the with a firm pace.

What did just happen? I kept thinking on my way home.

I received a few drunken messages from her apologising for her behavior. She said that she was sorry, that her friend was just a friend, and that their kiss didn’t mean anything…

WAIT! Does that mean that our kiss didn’t mean anything either?

A part of me wanted to be apologetic and understandable, give her the benefit of the doubt and a second chance.... But a more persnickety side inside kept insisting that “I deserve better…”, that “I should be with someone that makes me feel special…”, and that “ She kissing someone else right after I left is not a good sign… nothing good can come out of that!”.

I guess that my hopeless romantic soul keep dreaming about finding someone that would only have eyes (and lips) for me… someone that would not turn around and kiss the first person she can find when I leave the room… Is that too much to ask?

Wonder Woman Street Art found in Brighton. Picture taken in March 2017.
 The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment