Monday 6 April 2015

I'm not an emotional robot!

As weird as this statement might sound to my readers (if there is actually anyone really following), I have had this revelation over the past few weeks. For few years now, I considered myself to be a bit of an emotional robot. The reason for this strong self-evaluation of my deep emotions was due to the fact that I was unable to develop deep feelings for any of my online dates. I could developed soft comforting feelings for them but I was never as high in adrenaline, serotonin and dopamine to lose sleep, make stupid things or hold a silly smile and a red flush on my face throughout an entire day.

However, ever since I stopped the online dating world, a strange thing has happened to me... I have a crush on a real offline person... and this feels great!

The bad news on the contrary are that, at the moment, it is yet to be clarify if is a one-sided thing or she actually feels the same way or even worst if she is even gay (of bi) on the first place.... However, I'm very happy to learn that I am not an emotional robot and that I can have a teenager crush even on my very late twenties.


Drawing made by me :)!


According to the ancient Greeks (and they were very cleaver people), there are different types of love defined as follows (the information below has been taken from Wikipedia and other internet resources):


  • Philautia - means "love of the self" and was divided in two types: narcissism, or self-obsession and  healthier version that enhanced your broader capacity to love.
  • Agápe - generally denotes feelings for one's children and the feelings for a spouse, and it can also be described as the feeling of being content or holding one in high regard. This love is unconditional as it is hold whether the love given is returned or not, the person continues to love (even without any self-benefit).
  • Philia - means "affectionate regard, friendship," usually "between equals." It denotes a general type of love, used for love between family, friends, a desire or enjoyment of an activity, and lovers.
  • Storge - means "love and affection" and and refers especially of parents and children.
  • Éros - means love, mostly sexual passion and involved a loss of control.
  • Pragma - means "deep understanding" that developed between long-married couples.It was about making compromises to help the relationship work over time, and showing patience and tolerance.
  • Ludus - flirting, playful affection and feelings of euphoria.


In the past through online dating I was able to experience a mix of Philia with some hints of Éros, however, due to the number of reasons enumerated on my previous post "My off-line off-dating new year's resolution for 2015" such as the building up of feelings from to casuals encounters, I was never able to experience a full Ludus meets Eros and  Philia that affected my appetite and distorted my sleep.

Therefore, my recipe for my readers for finding love (although it might not always be reciprocated) is to stop online dating and to explore offline flirting!

To be continued...
  (possibly with a heart-broken following up post.....)

3 comments:

  1. Of course there are people reading ��
    Cute drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was supposed to be a... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! It's always nice to know that someone is reading :)!

    ReplyDelete