Tuesday 25 March 2014

Unnamed frog part IV - Too COOL for School

This is a story about an average first date followed by a very bad second date....

We contacted each other at the beginning of the summer. I think that we did it through OkCupid... but I'm not sure now....

We met at the Fortune of War a legendary pub in the Brighton seafront. I arrived earlier and sat outside, she arrived 2 minutes after and went straight to the bar. I saw her when she passed by, but as every time I'm meeting someone from the Internet, I wasn't sure that it was her....

She texted me from the bar, and I confirmed that I was outside, then she finally approached me. She ordered a Koppaberg, which for me is a drink that limit itself to one only drink, as the first drink is amazing if is chilled, but the second one becomes unbearable as you get fed up of its sweetness... anyway, I ordered one too, mirroring my date's drinking choice and accepting that the date will be limited to one drink then.

She was not the most pretty girl I have ever seen, but she was cheerful and nice. Tall, brown long hair, round hazelnut eyes, few tattoos on her arms, but nothing too butchy, and main stream clothing style with a hint of surfer and hip-hop from the 90's. We talked about trips and adventures, a very common topic on a first date....

She told me that she recently came back from spending some time in 'Cali' (apparently cool people call California 'Cali', but you won't be able to call it Cali if you haven't been there and got integrated with the cool kids...) She called California 'Cali' (no comments....). We had a good conversation about trips, university, self-development and Brighton... However, as expected, after the first Koppaberg, the date was over, so we decided to say goodbye and walked in different ways...

She texted me within the next 5 minutes to tell me that it was a pleasure to meet me and that she would like to see me again. I thought it was very cute to receive a message right after the date, and although I wasn't sure that we had a lot of stuff in common, I accepted the invitation to meet up again.

She invited me out on a Saturday night with her mates, we  were going to meet up in R-Bar. However, when I was living my house she texted me telling me that her mates were a bit drunk and that it will probably take her still 15 minutes to get there... Despite of her text, I decided to make my way to the bar anyway. After all, I was already ready to go out and waiting at home makes me sleepy and increases the chances of deciding to cancel and I was not too convince on the first place about her....

As I had time, I went to the cash point to get some cash (very optimistic from my side), I didn't know if we were going clubbing after and the night was young... By the time I arrived to the bar (15 minutes later than the projected time), I received another text from her. 

She was still at her mate's house but she was calling a taxi now, so it will be only 15 minutes more... I decided to grab a drink and wait at the bar, and then wait a bit more, and then wait a little bit more again.... when I was about to leave, she texted me again saying, sorry, sorry, sorry, we are on the cab, we will be there in 5 minutes.....

I am usually a time nazi,  I value my time a lot, a someone making me wait really annoys me, but I decided to be a bit more tolerant and wait, I understand that when people are drunk, it is difficult to moved them to a bar and it might not have been her fault...

She finally arrived, but in a state of drunkenness that did not corresponded with the time of the night... after all it was only 22 pm, but she wasn't able to talk properly already,... However, that did not stopped her from sniffing popper every 2 minutes and looking at me as if I was a party popper....

I do go out and have fun.... I do like to dance and enjoy the night, but if I'm meeting someone, I try to stay sober enough to be able to maintain a bit of conversation... on top of that, she ignored me for most of the time that I was on the bar, and I ended up talking with her friend, who had recently had a baby, but was free for the night looking to get shit face and party hard (everyone has different priorities in life I guess....)...

At some point, her friend split a drink on my coat and when I went to pick it up, she (unnamed frog nÂș4) said:

- Are you leaving? I would understand if you are....

I wasn't leaving, I was just picking my coat from where the drink was spilled.... after all she arrived only about 20 minutes ago.... but.... actually... she gave me an opportunity to scape and I took it....
- I said, well, yeah, I think that I'm going to leave now...

She did not put any resistance and let me leave.... she made an attempt to apologize by texting me the day after, but what starts with the wrong foot... its difficult to change... so that was the end....

The learning of this story.... ? I'm not really sure, I guess that it is just one more unnamed frog to the blog.... I feel that every time that I make the effort to meet someone and doesn't work I lose a bit of my faith in finding love, but without keep on trying, you won't find it... will you? Should I stop trying?

No comments:

Post a Comment